Amala's View

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vino chiunque?


Whether you say vin, vino, wein or wine, it did not matter! The St Lucia Golf & Country Club’s new club house was the place and the occasion was the Bryden’s Wine Tasting for 2007.

The wines were sorted by regions, elegantly displayed and available for sampling. The target market was vast and included wholesalers, retailers, chefs, hoteliers and even doctors!

In keeping with the moment, I had particular interest in the table from Italy/Spain. I left knowing that the Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio is now on my wine list, as is the Villa Maria Pinot Noir from The Australian/New Zealand table! Oxford Landing Sauvignon Blanc and Monkey would also get a pick. Strangely enough there were two sweet wines that got my attention - Cadillac from France and Late Harvest from Chile.

Champagnes are always festive and the Moet & Chandon family did the trick for me!

Vino chiunque? (Wine anyone??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home